What is IPL?
IPL, or the Indian Premier League, is a modern-age t20 cricket competition, which has taken the world by storm in the last decade and a half. It has eight different teams playing in it. The teams consist of the best homegrown talent that India can offer, the best International players worldwide, the best umpires, the best presenters, and the best cheerleaders!
IPL betting is very much a common feature in India. Is IPL betting legal in India? Of course, it is. When it comes to popularity, IPL cricket betting is popular in India and the whole wide world.
|Date of foundation||2008|
|Number of teams||8|
|Tournament structure||Double round robin with a playoff stage|
|Current champions||Mumbai Indians|
|Official website IPL||IPLT20.com|
IPL betting has the same rules as any other t20 cricket competition. Here are some of the IPL betting rules that you might want to keep in mind to apprehend how IPL betting works.
- The IPL betting teams can play a maximum of 4 foreign (international) players in a match. There’s no restriction or limit on the number of local (Indian) players.
- Every IPL cricket betting bowler can bowl four overs (max).
- There’s a powerplay of 6 overs at the start of every inning, where only two fielders can be outside the 30-year circle.
- There are two strategic timeouts in every inning, one between 6-9 overs and the other between 13-16 overs.
Along with several others, these rules let you better understand the IPL betting game and know more about how to bet on IPL.
IPL League Structure
IPL betting, as a tournament, is as good and exciting as it comes. The structure of the league and its schedule are made for thrilling you to the core. Here’s the basic structure of the IPL cricket betting tournament.
- The IPL betting tournament is usually played in a double round-robin format.
- Each of the 8 IPL betting teams plays twice against another team, based on home and away matches throughout the tournament. There are 14 matches for all the teams in the initial stage. There are no groups.
- The top four sides from the round-robin stage go into the IPL betting playoffs.
- The IPL betting final occurs between the winners of qualifier-1 and qualifier-2.
Popular IPL betting markets
The Indian Premier League, or IPL betting, has a plethora of landmark events easily transformed into IPL betting markets. There are many IPL betting markets that the IPL betting fanatics can choose from and keep betting. The IPL betting markets are flexible and enjoyable. The best taste of these IPL markets can be gotten while doing IPL betting live. The most played and liked IPL betting markets are as follows.
- Winner of the Match
- You’ll have to predict the winning team of a specific IPL betting match.
- The Eventual Winner of the League
- You’ll have to predict the ultimate winners of the IPL betting 2021 tournament.
- Who’ll Win the Toss?
- Do IPL betting on the team or the captain that you think will win the all-important toss.
- Best Batsman
- Predict the top-scoring batsman of a specific match/team.
- Best Bowler
- Predict the most wicket-taking bowler of a specific match/team.
- Man of the Match
- Predict the IPL cricket betting player that can become the player of the match.
- Team Total O/U
- Predict the total sum of runs for a team (or the match in as a whole) in a game, or whether you think it will be over/under the particular IPL betting limit set by your IPL betting site.
- 1st Over Total
- Predict the number of runs scored in the 1st over of a match or an innings.
- 50/100 in a Match
- Wager on a Yes/No basis, regarding whether any player in a particular match will make a half-century or century.
- Sixes in a Match
- Predict which team or batsman will be able to hit the most number of sixes in a particular match.
IPL 2021 Teams
The IPL betting tournament has a total of 8 teams, even in the 2021 edition. The teams are all evenly balanced. To know how IPL betting works, the very first thing to learn is how the teams are set up and their strengths and weaknesses. Only after that will you get a better idea of how to bet in IPL betting and how to play IPL betting odds.
Here we dive deeper into the eight teams of IPL betting.
Chennai Super Kings
CSK is arguably the most popular and highly rated team playing in IPL betting. The major reason for that might be their IPL betting captain, MS Dhoni, who has been the most successful captain for India in international cricket. They have also won the IPL 3 times before.
The 2020 IPL cricket betting season was a nightmare for CSK, though, as they crept down the pecking orders and finished on no.7 last year. This year, the yellow army will be looking forward to coming back to their real colors. They will try to do so with their new signings, which include the purchases of Moeen Ali, K. Gowtrham and C. Pujara, etc. They’ll also be hoping that their aging side is in form, and especially the key players such as Suresh Raina, Faf Du Plessis, MS Dhoni, DJ Bravo, and Imran Tahir, etc.
Being the deserved finalists of the 2020 IPL betting season, Delhi Capitals have certainly turned their fortunes around in the last couple of seasons, along with their name. They have a young and upcoming squad and also a hint of experience as well. They have solid technical batsmen and hard-hitting ones, while their bowling lineup looks threatening as well.
DC’s latest signing, Steve Smith, the Australian captain, will certainly bolster the team further, with the signings of Umesh Yadav and Sam Billings also giving them solidarity from top to bottom.
With a changed name comes the Punjab team in IPL betting. Will Preity Zinta’s hopes and dreams of getting to the IPL cricket betting finals be fulfilled this term? Well, it could very well be. But isn’t that what we think every year? But this year, they come with a new look and a changed lineup, letting go of long-serving players like Maxwell and Karun Nair.
Their new-look side includes upcoming and famous names such as Dawid Malan, Jhye Richardson, Shahrukh Khan, Riley Meredith, and Moises Henriques. They look pretty good on paper.
Kolkata Knight Riders
The most fan-favorite team of the IPL betting, KKR, has gone down the barrel in the last couple of seasons. But the Dinesh Karthik-led side is determined to get back to their glory days with definitive signings of Shakil Al Hasan, Karun Nair, Ben Cutting, etc. Can KKR win the IPL betting again? They have the squad to do it.
Anything said about this awesome team is not enough because they are quite the unbeatable team of IPL cricket betting right now, winning the competition a total of 5 times already, more than anybody else. They have always retained the core of the team for 2021 and consolidated around the squad in the auction with signings like Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Neesham, etc.
The surprise buys for them was Arjun Tendulkar, the son of the Indian IPL betting and cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar. MI will be a major favorite to win the 2021 IPL betting as well.
The winner of the inaugural IPL betting in 2008, RR has never since reached the same heights. Their former captain Steve Smith is gone this term as well. But they too have a strong breed of youngsters to rely on. The likes of Josh Butler, Ben Stokes, and Jofra Archer remain, though. Their latest signings include Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, and Mustafizur Rahman, etc.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
The IPL betting trophy is evading Virat Kohli. That has been a common and painful feature for Kohli and Bangalore fans all over the years. This time around, in the 2021 IPL cricket betting tournament, the RCB franchise has bought cleverly and is in better shape than ever, it seems. They have added the likes of Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, and Kyle Jamieson to their ranks. Surely a hot favorite again.
The solid and consistent SRH is beginning to look in the best shape for years. Sunrisers, too, like many others, like to keep their core the same, with captain Warner and Williamson staying put with the orange army. Their team is also slowly beginning to have an Afghanistani feel about it. The latest signings include Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Kedar Jadhav. They are always a tough opposition and a contender for the IPL betting trophy.
How to start a bet on IPL 2021?
To know how to bet in IPL, you have first to understand how ipl betting works and how to play ipl betting. Is ipl betting legal in India? Yes, it is, and you can do IPL betting anytime. But before you do, check these IPL betting prerequisites and tips out first.
Knowing the teams
Before you even think of starting IPL betting, you need to do your homework right. It is a huge part of how to play IPL betting, and that’s how IPL betting works. You have to know who plays for which team and the strengths and weaknesses for each team, and which team can cope with which problems in which situations. You need to know and apprehend all of it to shine in IPL betting.
Applying skills to markets
To get the best result out of IPL betting, you need to do market-specific research. For example, In order to wager accordingly on markets like the leading run-scorer and top wicket-taker, be it for a particular match or the IPL tournament as a whole, it’s vital to analyze which players are proven in the format. Apply the correct market skills and get the best IPL betting results. That’s again how IPL betting works.
Home and away factors can be a huge factor in determining the winner or loser of a certain match. Do your research on which teams have the best home or away records and determine the chances. It’s a game of probabilities, but you can have a better chance of winning IPL betting by analyzing.
Other T20 & IPL particulars
Some of the other IPL betting particulars that are commonly seen and must be kept in mind are as follows:
- Bet for the sides with the best all-rounders.
- Know which sides have the best pinch-hitters.
- Research about which side has the best death-over bowlers.
- Know which sides are more susceptible to melt under pressure.
- Be unpredictable yourself, but never go for the unimaginable in IPL betting.
IPL 2021 FAQ
Below we have answered popular questions about IPL betting.
Is IPL Betting legal in India?
Yes, IPL betting is absolutely legal in India.
Which IPL team is termed as betting favorites to win IPL 2021?
According to recent results, Mumbai Indians have been deemed the IPL betting favorites in IPL betting 2021.
When does IPL 2021 start?
IPL 2021 will start on April 11, 2021.
Where will IPL 2021 be played?
IPL 2021 will be played in India. There will be five different venues (i.e., Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Jaipur, and Ahmedabad).
Cricket analyst in India. Specialization: match analytics, player transfers, cricket news.